Thursday, 26 December 2013

The New Year Project


Hi! I hope you had a fantastic Christmas. Mine was pretty good. Nice, relaxing, awesome presents and far too much food. How was yours?

I don't know about you, but I'm so excited to bring in 2014! As part of my 101 in 1001 list, there are some goals that I've set myself for the new year. I thought I'd try working smart, and bring them all together. And that's how The New Year Project was born.

The New Year Project is a month long blogging challenge (weekends excluded). It aims to help us in setting goals for ourselves, injecting more happiness into our lives, and learning to appreciate ourselves more.

There are no strict rules for The New Year Project. You can skip days if you wish, even put your own interpretation into the topics/questions. Link ups will be available each day if you wish to share your entries. Displaying the button on your blog is absolutely optional (but I'd say you're an absolute star if you displayed it!).

Here are the topics/questions:

Jan 1 - What are your resolutions this year? How do you plan to achieve your goals?
Jan 2 - What are the possible obstacles to your resolutions? How will you overcome them?
Jan 3 - What are your strengths? What are the things you're good at?
Jan 6 - "Do more of what makes you happy." What are those activities?
Jan 7 - What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
Jan 8 - How do you feel about change? How do you cope/adjust to change?
Jan 9 - How do you find your inner peace?
Jan 10 - 5 Things I Love About Myself
Jan 13 - Write in a stream of consciousness about the things that make you happy. Only write about things/sensations/experiences.
Jan 14 - How can you put more happiness into your life?
Jan 15 - What are the things you do to take care of yourself?
Jan 16 - When was the last time you stopped, soaked in your surroundings and let yourself simply be?
Jan 17 - Share your fool-proof ways to make others happy.
Jan 20 - Next year, I want to look back and be proud that I ____.
Jan 21 - Share your feel good songs/movies.
Jan 22 - What don't you like about your body? What steps can you take towards accepting, and maybe loving, your body?
Jan 23 - How are you doing with your resolutions so far?
Jan 24 - "Your happiness should depend on nobody but yourself." How can you take charge of your own happiness?
Jan 27 - When I feel like I'm losing track on my resolutions, I will...
Jan 28 - I think I would be better at _____ if I _____.
Jan 29 - Who brings out the best in you? Have you told them of their influence on you?
Jan 30 - Write a letter to a child on what you've learned about happiness.
Jan 31 - "Here's to a fantastic rest of the year!" What have you learned this month? What are you looking forward to for the rest of the year?

I hope you guys can join me in making 2014 our best year yet!

take care,



The New Year Project

26 comments:

  1. Oh, man, I wish I would have scrolled past the list before I made draft entries for my blog for each day of the challenge! *LOL* I can add that to my list for the rest of 2014...scan the entire post FIRST!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Haha that's ok LuAnn, as I said, there's no strict rules, you can use your own topics, I'm totally fine with that :) As long as the goal is still has the same aims: goal-setting, self-appreciation and bringing more happiness into your life. :)


    Yay glad to see you're joining me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this idea so gonna do it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a ton of fun and I can't wait! I'm going to try my hardest to participate as much as I can! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sharilynn! I'm so excited for the new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a good idea and looks like a lot of fun! I'll definitely be looking back once the new year arrives.
    http://shoeboxhouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kayla, hope to see you then :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww thanks bunso. I hope you can join in :) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea! I can't wait to check in on you and see how it's all going! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly2 January 2014 at 14:04

    Looks like another fun challenge. I don't think I'll do every day of it, but I'll probably do a at least a few of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fantastic idea! Looks so fun. I am definitely going to take part in this.
    You can check out my blog to see the posts www.elliemay7.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've taken part in it :)
    http://styleandbeauty410.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Emma! I'm going to go have a look. You can also link up your entries at the end of my posts. The linky-tools will be open until the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear Ellen! I'm going to go have a look at your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am definitely going to participate in this challenge and I'll comment with a link when I do! I just blogged today so I'll write about it in a week or so since I like to space out my blog posts but what a wonderful idea! I'm glad I stumbled on your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks AnneMarie! Glad to hear you'll be participating :) and thank you so much for your lovely words. So nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://www.shopfrommyhouse.com/2014/01/the-new-year-project-for-jan-10.html


    Linked the post to you and wanted you to see I did do it. :-) Not the post of all posts - being rushed and all. I do like writing prompts. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for participating Debby! I was trying to find your comments section after reading your post but I couldn't find one. Is it disabled or am I just blind? I wanted to say I'm so glad that you're helping out that woman who's been abused by her husband. At least she's got someone that she can turn to. I hope she stays safe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for letting me know about the comment section. For some reason it was turned off and I am sure I didn't do that. Hmmmm a real mystery. Anyway comments are turned ON.

    So many times, people do not want to get involved in domestic abuse. Granted the young lady is not being battered physically but she is abused and someone needed to step in for her sake.

    Happy to be a part of your link up! Hope I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yes, I'm in the social services sector, I know that a lot of people don't want to get involved, and it's just sad. I'm glad there are people like you out there - it's still wrong, but I think bruises heal faster than some of the scars left from mental abuse. I hope she gets the courage some day to decide what's best for her (and her children if they have any).


    Thanks for participating Debby :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey :)
    I love this Project! I know that January is already over, but I have decided to do this any way by taking one day at a time. :) Thank you for the inspiration.

    Here is the link to my page http://orangepinksky.blogspot.com/p/by-toni-at-one-chocolate-box-new-year.html


    Rainbow at orangepinksky.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete