Wednesday, 18 September 2013

30 Before 30

Goodness, where has the year gone? I'm surprised at how fast time has gone by. You see, I'm turning 29 next month... which means I'll be a year away from turning the dreaded 30. Eeek!
image from balloons.co.uk

I know it's silly, but the thought of turning 30 scares me. I know it's just another year, and that I'll feel no different on the day itself. I still feel like a little child pretending to be an adult. But shhh, that's our secret!

I had forgotten that I had written down a 30 before 30 list on the back of my journal a while back, and I was pleased to be able to cross off quite a few things from it when I went through it today.

1. Get my driver's license.
2. Try a pint of Butterbeer.
3. Visit Bali.
4. Hold a red panda.
5. Lose the 10kgs I put on after a break up.
6. Go to Disneyland or Disneyworld.
7. See the Grand Canyons.
8. Swim with dolphins.
9. Visit Paris.
10. Try archery.
11. Go horseback riding.
12. Pat a white tiger.
13. Go snorkeling.
14. See the Sistine Chapel.
15. Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
16. Shop on L'Avenue des Champs Elysees.
17. Downsize my wardrobe to a normal size.
18. Find a job that I love.
19. Pay off my credit card debt.
20. Go to the Gold Coast.
21. Participate every day in Photo A Day from October 18, 2013 - October 18, 2014.
22. Have 1,000 followers on my blog (aim high baby!).
23. Reach my savings goal.
24. Finally decide on where I want to be.
25. Volunteer at the SPCA.
26. Learn how to use my DSLR on manual mode.
27. Visit Rome.
28. Buy my first car.
29. Enter my first fun run.
30. Dye my hair red - if all else fails, I'm getting a wig.

Fingers crossed that I can get everything done off the list!

Have you got a 30 before 30 or something similar? And how do you feel about turning 30 (or whichever your next big milestone age is)?

I hope you guys are having a great week so far!

take care,

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome list! And some of the things you've already crossed off are making me very jealous... I'm 23 and for some reason I hate that number so I can't wait to turn 24. But 30...uhh, that scares me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your list and what you've already accomplished! I'm a bit depressed to admit that mine would have to be a 40 before 40 list! I don't think I'm up for facing that yet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I'm sure there's stuff you've done that I'd be jealous of! To be honest I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew on this list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly1 December 2013 at 20:01

    I have not done a 30 before 30...maybe I should. I will be turning 29 in a month. I'm not sure how I feel about that...I think I might be 29 a couple years in a row ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your list is amazing (plus all the things you've accomplished)...! :) I would love to have my own 30 before 30 list. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Vee :) you should totally make one! I've kind of cheated as I'll be doing a 101 in 1001 instead.

    ReplyDelete