Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Book Tag!

I wasn't even aware that there's a 'tag' meme going around. Thanks for tagging me Megan! I think this'll be a great way to get to know fellow book bloggers. Here were the questions I got from Megan.

1. What is your favourite childhood book?
It was The Color Kittens by Margaret Wise Brown. But there were so many books that I loved when I was little, especially these fairy tales.

2. What are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading two books at the moment - The Witching Hour by Anne Rice and Girl in the Arena by Lisa Haines. I'm currently at a really long stretch in Anne Rice's book where nothing seems to be happening, so when I get frustrated I switch to Lisa Haines' one.

3. Who is your favourite author and why?
Walter Moers. I think he is an absolute genius. I love how out-of-this-world his imagination is. My favourites of his are 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Blue Bear and The City of Dreaming Books. I also love the drawings thrown in his books.

4. Outside of blogging, what do you like to do?
I enjoy baking a lot, and of course I read a lot too. I'm also interested in photography. I got myself a Canon DSLR, but it seems like I've forgotten everything I learned from taking photography for a semester. 

5. Who are some of your favourite artists, bands etc?
Flicking through my iTunes library - The Foo Fighters, Keane, Kings of Leon, KT Tunstall, Muse, The Naked and Famous, Portishead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Rolling Stones, Snow Patrol and Thom Yorke.


6. Sweet or savoury?
Sweet! I'm a huge chocolate fiend.

7. Do you have any favourite blogs and if so what are they?
I like reading through fat mum slim. I think Chantelle's posts are quite entertaining. She's got one of those blogs that are so awesome, it makes you hate her because you want to be her. Or maybe that's just my sick, twisted self. Haha! I also regularly frequent Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf and Megan's Storybook Love Affair.

8. What is your dream holiday?
I saw an article on Mindfood once on Prague and ever since then I've wanted to go there. The pictures were just breathtaking. I also really want to go to the Carnivale in Venice. I've also dreamed of going to Disneyland when I was young, and I do plan on going there early next year.

9. Who is your all-time favourite character?
I've always had a soft spot for Ariel, but I think it's because she was the Disney Princess I grew up with. Aside from her, I am nuts about Gizmo.

10. If you could write a book, what would it be about?
I'm not too sure, but it would either be a young adult book with fantasy or paranormal elements, or a chicklit novel. I've got far too many half-written and abandoned stories.

11. Recommend one book that you think everyone should read.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson.

The rules of the game:

1. You must post the rules
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you've tagged
3. Tag 11 people and link to them in your post
4. Let them know you've tagged them!

My questions to you:
1. If you could invent any gadget, what would it do?

2. Which 5 books would you save if the world's last and only library was on fire?
3. Name a book that you'd really like to change the ending to.
4. If you could live in any book world, which one would it be and why?
5. What have you regretted recently?
6. Who is the most evil villain you've come across in a book?
7. The best decision you've ever made in your life so far is...?
8. You're given a chance to make just one book character come alive. Who would you pick?
9. In just 3 sentences, describe a moment of bliss you've recently had.
10. What would your perfect dinner consist of?
11. Your favourite dessert is...?

Blogs I tag include:

1. Amy Neftger's Blog
2. Giselle at Xpresso Reads
3. Nicola at A Pocket Full of Books
4. Dorothy at ...goodbye, yellowbrick road
5. Peppermint Ph. D.
6. Shannon at Giraffe Days
7. Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf
8. Orly at miscellania
9. Nancy at Simple Clockwork
10. Jess at The Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow
11. Lindsay at The Little Reader Library

8 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers Toni! Ariel was always my second favourite princess after Belle :) I'd love to visit Prague too one of these days, it always looks so beautiful in pictures. Hope you get to go there one day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMmmm chocolate! And I agree Prague does always look so lovely in pictures! Great answers! belle has always been my favorite Princess, but Sherlock Holmes my favorite character!

    ♥Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great questions! I'm not sure I could answer them as concisely. I agree Prague does look beautiful and I'd love to go there. I've been to Disneyland and can tell you that it is definitely a lot of fun, also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved finding out more about you! I love chocolate and we have so many of the same favorite bands! Thanks for mentioning Fairday's Blog! :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. good morning, toni! :) and yes - i have received the book! thank you for following-up; much appreciated. i've been meaning to let you know, but out of nowhere... it seems life has switched to the fast lane and i've not had much time to dedicate for me, as of late.

    but again... much, much, MUCH appreciated and i'm really excited to get started on it!

    dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh... and i DEFINITELY have your "tag" meme on my "to complete" list :) not out of obligation, but because i LOVE the questions you posed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for tagging us, Toni D. We love your blog and always find something interesting on it when we stop in! Since we were just tagged twice in the same weeks and just answered 22 questions about ourselves on our blog, we thought it would be fun to answer our favorite questions that you asked us (one here and one on our blog). Thanks so much for thinking of us:

    1. If you could invent any gadget, what would it do?
    Jess- My machine is a little silly, but I think it would be awesome to have a mechanical arm attached to the headboard of my bed that would hand me my glass of water, set/shut off my alarm clock, work my cd player when I listen to audio books before going to bed, then remove the headphones, and possibly pet my head until I fall asleep- that would be heavenly!

    Stephanie- I have always wanted a machine like the one on the Jetsons cartoon. I could stand on a flat escalator and have my hair washed and dried, my nails done, breakfast handed to me, etc. I am NOT a morning person- so just standing there and getting ready for the day (or for bed at the end of the day) would be dreamy! If only...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly1 December 2013 at 19:57

    I'm with you on Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, and The Rolling Stones. Muse is okay too. I want to get a DSLR someday but I'm not sure I'd have the time to learn to use it properly. The P&S is okay for now (and is an upgrade from taking pictures on my cell phone, which is what I was doing when I first got here lol).

    ReplyDelete